· Impartial lighting evaluations and feasibility studies.
· Development of design and specification standards in order to maximize lighting quality & efficiency while minimizing maintenance & energy costs.
· Design and specification of high-quality, energy-effective, interior and exterior lighting and control systems.
· Measurement of existing interior and exterior lighting performance.
· Staff training on new technologies and design practices.
· Photometric studies and 3-D rendering.
PAST PERFORMANCE (MAJOR CLIENTS)
• Federal Government
o Air Force Research Laboratory @ Williams Gateway
o Federal Courthouse
o Fort Huachuca
o Marine Corp Air Station
• State Government
o AZ Dept. of Administration
o AZ Dept. of Corrections
o AZ Dept. of Transportation
• County Government
• City Government
o Paradise Valley
o Banner Health
o Samaritan Healthcare
o Arizona State University
o Northern Arizona University
o Rio Salado College
o Scottsdale Community College
· 35+years experience in design & consultation
· Illuminating Engineering Society of North America
Past-president AZ Section, Subscribing Member
· International Dark Sky Association
· Lighting Educator
IESNA, APS, SRP, Electric League of AZ, AEE, various local governments
· Lighting Awards
Several IESNA awards for lighting quality and energy-efficiency
CODES & CERTIFICATIONS
· NAICS: 541490, 541690, 54149, 611430
· CAGE: 50U73
· DUNS: 124655189
· Federal: Registered with SAM.gov as SBA
· State of Incorporation: AZ since 1998
·Credit Cards: Yes
· Website: www.dhlightingsolutions.com
· Contact: Don Happ, principal
DH Lighting Solutions, Inc.
4702 E. Acoma Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85032
· Phone: 602-867-4263
· Email: email@example.com
. · Registered with: SAM.gov, State of AZ, SBA
DONALD A. HAPP President, LC, CEM, LEED-AP
· 35 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN DESIGN & CONSULTATION
· “LIGHTING CERTIFIED” by NCQLP
· “CERTIFIED ENERGY MANAGER” BY AEE
· LEED ACREDITED FOR BOTH NC & EB
· B.S., ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY
· FORENSIC LIGHTING STUDIES & EXPERT WITNESS
· LIGHTING EDUCATOR
·MUNICIPAL LIGHTING CONSULTANT
International Dark Sky Association
International Code Council
Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) 1987 – Present
Offices: Past-President of AZ Section and Education Chairman
Mr. Happ has based his lighting practice upon promoting lighting quality, as opposed to quantity, and the overwhelming benefits that can be achieved from “proper” lighting, such as: improved visibility, productivity, safety and security.
Mr. Happ has over 33 years of experience in the lighting and energy fields. Originally the customer lighting specialist for an electric utility, he has now established his own firm for lighting design, energy-efficiency and education, which provides services to both private and government clients.
In addition to his private design practice, Mr. Happ has served as a municipal lighting consultant for more than twelve years, where his tasks include: plan review of private projects; neighborhood mediation; design for new and renovated city facilities; testimony at public hearings; establishment of design standards for city facilities; and development of new lighting ordinances and guidelines.